Litigation Solicitor - Public Inquiries
A rare and unique opportunity for an experienced Dispute Resolution Solicitor to join a top tier international practice ranked as one of the top 25 firms in the UK, into their Inquiries and Investigations team in Birmingham.
This team act on complex and challenging inquiries and investigations matters across the public and private sector including high profile government enquiries and national security matters.
The successful Solicitor joining this team will have a caseload that will consist of a small number of very large matters and may include matters relating to child abuse or inquiries which have resulted in significant loss of life.
You will have various duties and responsibilities which will include:
- Acting on statutory and non-statutory inquiries.
- Acting on behalf of core participants in public and non-statutory inquiries.
- Undertaking internal investigations and independent reviews.
- Drafting and advising on terms of reference and procedural rules for inquiries and internal investigations.
- Liaising with, interviewing and taking statements from a wide range of witnesses.
- Undertaking evidential review and analysis.
- Advising on the processes of an inquiry including document management and media handling.
- Advising on evidence, powers, duties, and fair process.
- Advising on matters such as privilege, freedom of information and data protection.
- Judicial review and reputation management.
- Managing and supervising junior team members.
- Assisting with tenders for new work opportunities.
This position is ideally suited to Senior Associates between four and eight years’ PQE. Candidates applying for this position should be able to display:
- Experience of working on inquiries and investigations or otherwise experience of dealing with child protection disputes, inquests (article 2 'right to life' experience would be of particular interest) and catastrophic injury litigation.
- Direct or transferable experience of working on matters involving difficult subject matters.
- Excellent technical knowledge and the ability to manage complex matters whilst also supervising more junior fee earners.
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work for a highly renowned international law firm within a very successful and unique team. You will consistently undertake high profile work and matters of national significance, with a genuine chance for progression and growth.
For more information or to make an application please contact Gishan Abeyratne – firstname.lastname@example.org